1st phase of Census postponed due to Covid outbreak: Govt | India News

NEW DELHI: The home ministry on Wednesday said a multiple-layered security approach had been adopted for security and safety of Census 2021 data, with data to be encrypted during transmission and also at storage in the servers.
‘Data collection is to be done on registered devices of the enumerators appointed by the State/UT governments. Data is encrypted at the device, during the transmission and at servers/storage. The services of system integrators have been hired for developing the mobile apps, management of Census portal and related activities,” MoS (home) Nityanand Rai told the Elders in written reply to a question.
Stating that the first phase of Census operations relating to houselisting was currently on hold due to Covid-19 – some sources TOI spoke to earlier indicated that both Census and NPR exercises may be put off to April 1, 2021 or possibly even later, depending on how the pandemic plays out over the next few months — Rai said all the enumerators would need to register on the Census of India portal before undertaking enumeration work.
Meanwhile, even as operations relating to the first stage of Census 2021 and other field-related activities remain in abeyance, the RGI-cum-Census Commissioner’s office is continuing with the publicity campaigns on various aspects of the decennial exercise.

Leave a Reply