Commemorating 33 years in Higher Education
Established in October 1986 in the verdant valleys of Siruvani Hills in Coimbatore, KITS is presently a Deemed University ranked among the top 100 Institutions in Engineering by NIRF, MHRD, GoI. The sprawling 720 acre green campus is home to 7500 students drawn across the States and Union Territory in India and abroad, providing them a perfect ambience for living and learning.
With the mission to raise Technocrats, Scientists and Leaders who would provide solutions to human problems in the 4 thrust areas of the Institution namely, Water, Food, Energy and Health, KITS offers a gamut of Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Doctoral Level Programs.
Approvals and Accreditations
- MHRD, GoI approval for extension of Deemed University status
- AICTE, approved B. Tech., M. Tech. and M. B. A. Programs
- Accreditation by NAAC in 2016
- Accreditation by NBA for B.Tech Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering and Biotechnology Programs
- UGC Approval for Agriculture, Sciences and Arts Programs
- Accreditation by ACCA, UK for M.B.A. and B. Com. Programs
- QS Star Rating 2019 – 5 Stars for Facilities and Inclusiveness, 4 Stars for Teaching and Overall Rating with 3 Stars
- QS I.gauge Rating 2019 – Diamond Rating for Teaching & Learning, Employability, Facilities, Social Responsibility and Research.
National and International Collaborations
KITS has signed MoUs, MoAs to undertake collaborative Research with leading Universities and Industries.
- Universities in Israel – Technion, Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Ben-Gurian, Beer-Sheva, Blastein Institute of Desert Research, Agricultural Research Organisation (ARO), Government of Israel and Bar-llan University
- Universities in Germany – Technical University of Berlin and Brandenburg University of Technology
- University in Canada – Cape Breton
- University in Lithuania– Vilnius University
- University in Taiwan – National Dong Hwa University
The collaborations with Industries such as SIEMENS, IBM, Novell, CISCO, Salzer Electronics, SUSE Software Solutions, Jasmin InfoTech, EMURGO Learning Solutions Pvt. Ltd., Test and Verification Solutions Pvt. Ltd., Trident and Pneumatics Pvt. Ltd., AMZ Automative, Central Manufacturing Technology Institute have enhanced Research, Student projects, Training and Placement.
KITS is powered by a team of highly motivated, competent and experienced Faculty Members. Many of them have Doctorate Degree in various areas of specialisations and few of them with Post – Doctoral Research from reputed Universities across the globe. KITS has received funded projects to the tune of Rs.34 Crores and has generated Rs.5 Crores through Consultancy services. The Faculty of the University has published 3931 Research Papers in Scopus Indexed Journals and have filed 58 Patents and 53 published Patents.
Centres of Student Service
- Karunya Innovation and Incubation Cell: Fosters Entrepreneurial activities and supports students in setting up Business start-ups
- Centre for Training and Placement: Schedules visits of recruiters from Industries and Core Companies to ensure placement for Final Year Students. Specific trainings are offered for placement in host of Companies / Organisations – Accenture, Wipro, TCS, CTS, Nutanix, Zoho, Maruti Suzuki, Hyundi Mobis, Tata Elxsi, HP8, Cameron, IBM, NAL, Quest Global, IDBI, etc.
- IAESTE: Facilitates exchange of Pre-Final and Final Year Students to pursue International Internships in Universities at UK, USA, Germany, Colombia, Poland, Brazil, Spain, Argentina, Israel, Turkey, Egypt, Mexico, Thailand, Vietnam and many other Countries.
The Courses offered by KITS are under Three Schools:
- School of Engineering & Technology
- School of Agriculture and Biosciences
- School of Sciences, Arts, Media and Management
The University offers a variety of Programs to suit the requirements of the Industry. Laboratories are well equipped with latest instruments and Softwares. The University follows Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) enabling students to choose Courses of their interest. All the Courses are structured to align with the 4 Thrust Areas – Food, Water, Health Care and Energy of the University. Faculty research and student projects provide the impetus to develop products and patents.
The University is a fully Residential Institution catering to the needs of students representing different geographical regions of India. The Residences are Wi-Fi enabled, green and clean with fitness and other amenities.
KITS has excellent sports facility for both Indoor and Outdoor games. Students are encouraged and given exposure to various National and International Sports Events. Adarsh Ram from the Department of Mechanical Engineering represented India in World University Games held in Italy in 2019 and Enoch Gladson from the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering won the silver medal in National Level Reliance Foundation Youth Sports Athletics Championship held in Mumbai in 2020.The University Sports and Games Teams have won huge haul of Championships, Prizes, Cups and Trophies in various Tournaments of District, National and International Levels.